Thursday, June 28, 2012
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Hits 'n' Misses List, Redux
- 1 each (amazingly only one) squirrel; he must've been real old 'n' slow
- bat (mammalian, not baseball) to my left hand on I-95
- 2 nails, 1 of which was in my motorcycle dealer's parking lot (2 resulting punctured tires)
- a brake caliper slider pin that some kid down the street lost during a curb-side brake job; guess whose rear tire found it? (flat tires are a theme on this list, no?)
- drywall screw left by contractors at work (gather 'round and watch Doug plug a tire in the parking lot, in the rain!)
- turkey buzzard
- many deer (including a few dead ones)
- large turtles, 2
- 2 or 3 snakes
- thousands of squirrels
- a few dozen chipmunks
- a few 'possums
- a few dogs
- very, very few cats (they don't chase motorcycles like dogs)
- dozens of college students with cell phones walking into the street
- 1 young bovine on the loose
- 5-6 ill-placed orange warning cones
- a construction barrel blowing around in the wind
- a large empty plastic kiddie-pool blown by the wind
- various trash cans and bags of garbage blowing around in the wind
- 1 water-cooler that flew out of the back of a tradesman's truck
- the odd piece of lumber
- dozens of beer bottles
- lotsa squashed-flat waxed cups (ice has more traction BTW) and soda cans
- a few Amish buggies
- a roof from a collapsed small barn (!)
- fox, 2
- SUV and Civic that decided to argue with each other right in front of me (see below)
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Ride to Work Day 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
New from Aerostich: Motorcycle Courier Bags for the Vintage Set
Waxed Cotton Courier Bags
Dispatch Bag #9291 $97.00
Courier Bag #9292 $107.00
Parcel Bag #9293 $117.00
Aerostich Waxed Cotton Courier Bag Features:
- Classic, time-tested English waxed cotton fabric.
- Practical design, highly durable construction.
- Reinforced yellow waterproof liner.
- Cam lock adjustable 2” shoulder strap.
- Internal organizer pocket and ‘clip-on’ key loop.
- Ideal satchels for everyday riding.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Another (yawn) Very Boring Rally Announced
2013 Very Boring Rally 3
Aerostich 2013 Very Boring Rally 3 Features:
- Aerostich's 30th Anniversary.
- Moto-related activities a-plenty.
- Food, fun, friends, foolishness.
- Big fancy-ass door prizes and other such hoo-ha.
- Campfires, Cocktails, 'n Smores. (mmm...)
- Three times as boring as the 2008 VBR II.
- 'Collectable' VBR 3 swag.
- Mix with the famous and the foolish – at the exact same time.
- A Mr. Happy Puppet reunion.
Haag's Ride-In Endangered?
Update: The even was still going strong in August; there were about 30 bikes in the parking lot, including a Vespa ridden by Gerry, the former publisher of the Scoot Lancaster blog.